Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 large poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped or diced green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 18 (6-inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté first 2 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients; remove from heat.
- 2. Spread 1 cup soup mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 24 tortilla quarters, slightly overlapping, over soup mixture; top with 3 cups chicken, 3/4 cup each Cheddar and pepper Jack cheeses, and 1 1/2 cups soup mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 24 tortilla quarters, soup mixture, and cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.