What's not to love about stuffed shells? Loaded with cheese and tomato sauce, this pasta dish is a total crowd-pleaser. To change it up, you can add a little lean ground beef or different herbs to the sauce. Also, it's easy to double the recipe and freeze one batch.
- 30 uncooked jumbo shell pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 4 ounces shredded 6-cheese Italian-blend cheese, divided (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups My Secret Tomato Sauce or bottled pasta sauce
Total: 1 Hour, 4 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese and next 6 ingredients (through ricotta) in a bowl. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pasta shell. Place shells, stuffed sides up, in a 13 x 9inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian-blend cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Tip: If you don't have any My Secret Tomato Sauce prepared, the Organic Tomato Basil Sauce from Whole Foods Market is a great go-to option.
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 24.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 536mg
- Calcium: 401mg