Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 to 2 big peppermint candy sticks
- 1 (30-oz.) frozen New York-style cheesecake
- 1 (7.25-oz.) bottle chocolate fudge shell coating
- 1 (6.4-oz.) tube green easy-flow decorator icing
- 12 red candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1. Measure 1/2 to 3/4 inch from end of peppermint stick, and make a small cut using a sharp knife. Gently break peppermint stick at cut. Repeat procedure with remaining peppermint stick to make 12 pieces.
- 2. Remove cheesecake from box according to package directions. Let stand 5 minutes. (Do not thaw.) Carefully cut cheesecake into 12 wedges. Gently push 1 peppermint piece partially into curved edge of each cheesecake wedge to form tree trunks. Place wedges on a wire rack on a baking sheet, and freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Remove pan from freezer; evenly coat tops of each cheesecake wedge with fudge shell coating, allowing excess to drip down sides and curved edge. Freeze 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove pan from freezer; squeeze icing on top of each wedge in a pattern using ribbon tip. Place 1 red candy piece at tip of each slice. Freeze at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.