Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package won ton wrappers
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: fresh basil leaves, freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil in a small bowl.
- 2. Arrange 1 won ton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. (Cover remaining wrappers with plastic wrap or a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Lightly moisten edges of wrapper with water. Place about 1 1/2 tsp. cheese mixture in center of wrapper; fold 2 opposite corners together over cheese mixture, forming a triangle. Press edges together to seal, removing any air pockets. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and cheese mixture.
- 3. Cook ravioli, in 2 batches, in boiling salted water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain well on a lightly greased wire rack. Divide cooked ravioli among 4 individual serving bowls.
- 4. Sauté tomatoes in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or just until soft. Add broth and white wine vinegar; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to wilt. Stir in dried crushed red pepper, salt, and remaining basil. Pour sauce over ravioli. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.