Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Robyn Valarik
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Leaves from 1 English Breakfast tea bag
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. In another bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, fennel, cardamom, and tea. Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set 1-tbsp. balls of dough 1 in. apart on sheets and flatten slightly with a floured glass.
- 3. Bake until cookies are light golden on undersides, 15 to 18 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool.
- *Grind in a clean coffee grinder or in a mortar.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 days, stored airtight.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg