Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 1 untreated cedar or alder plank
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons Sweet-and-Salty Salmon Rub
- Lemon slices
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- 1. Soak cedar plank in water at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove pin bones from salmon, if necessary, and coat fish evenly with rub. Cover with plastic wrap or foil, and chill until ready to grill.
- 3. Drain plank, and grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Place salmon, skin side down, on heated side of plank. Top with lemon slices.
- 4. Place planked salmon on grill, cover, and grill 20 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. (Check occasionally to make sure edges of plank don't ignite.) Garnish, if desired.