Howard L. Puckett
- 3 saltine crackers
- 3 (1-ounce) slices French bread, torn
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 6 large eggs, poached
- Caribbean Hollandaise Sauce
- Cracked black pepper
- Garnish: diced red bell pepper
- Place crackers in a blender or food processor; process until finely ground. Place bread in blender or food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, cracker crumbs, breadcrumbs, egg white, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Shape crab mixture into 6 (4-inch) patties. Cook crab cakes, in batches, in hot oil and melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place avocado slices and poached eggs on crab cakes, and top with Caribbean Hollandaise Sauce and pepper. Garnish, if desired.