1. In a blender, combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, pistachios, and cardamom; whirl until nuts are finely ground.
2. In a large bowl with a mixer at high speed, whip cream until it holds distinct peaks.
3. Add nut mixture to cream; fold to blend well.
4. Pour into a 2-quart (or larger) ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions until mixture is firm enough to scoop, dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
5. Serve softly frozen ice cream. Or package airtight and freeze up to 1 week. Scoop ice cream into bowls. Add strawberry syrup and whole strawberries to taste.
Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.