This pizza is a definite crowd-pleaser that is sure to satisfy everyone in the house!
Serves 6 (serving size: 1 wedge)
1. Place Pizza Dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a damp towel; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 500°.
3. While dough rises, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with sugar and salt. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
4. Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
5. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on parchment paper. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Slide dough and parchment paper onto a large baking sheet. Place on bottom rack in oven. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
6. Spoon Pizza Sauce onto crust, spreading to rim. Top with cheese, onion, and sausage. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Note: If using refrigerated Pizza Dough, let dough rise as directed in step 1 for 1 hour. Proceed as directed in recipe.