- 1 package dough for a 9-inch pie shell, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Fit pie shell dough into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Preheat oven and bake tart shell according to package directions. Let shell cool completely.
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a small, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat without stirring. Continue cooking without disturbing until mixture turns golden (about 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low, carefully drizzle in 3/4 cup cream and then stir until smooth. Stir pecans and vanilla extract into caramel mixture and then scrape into prepared tart shell. Chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Place chocolate, remaining 1 Tbsp. cream and vegetable oil in a small microwavable bowl; cook mixture for 2 minutes at medium (50%) power. Stir until smooth. (If it doesn't melt after 2 minutes, microwave in additional 30- second intervals until smooth.)
- Transfer chilled tart to a serving platter. Scrape melted chocolate into a corner of a small, sturdy plastic bag. Cut off tip and drizzle chocolate on top of tart. Chill again until ready to serve.
- Calories: 365
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Sodium: 87mg