Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 9 Black Mission figs, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups baby arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 3 cups baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 thin wedges peeled seeded cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Brush 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce over cut sides of figs. Place figs, cut side down, on a grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, juice, honey, oil, garlic, and salt; stir with a whisk.
- 4. Combine arugula, spinach, celery, onion, and pepper. Arrange 2 cantaloupe wedges on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with about 1 cup arugula mixture, 3 fig halves, and 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts; drizzle with about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing.
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 85mg