Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Rachael Burrow
Makes 8 servings
1. Spread celery out onto several layers of paper towels to drain; let stand 5 minutes. Wrap in paper towels, and squeeze lightly; discard paper towels.
2. Combine mayonnaise, next 3 ingredients, and 1 garlic clove in a medium bowl. Stir in celery until combined. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add panko, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 garlic cloves; mix well. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 8 patties; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 8 patties. Remove from pan.
5. Add butter and remaining 6 tablespoons hot sauce to pan, stirring until butter melts. Return patties to pan, turning to coat. Arrange 1 patty on bottom of each slider bun; drizzle with remaining sauce. Top each slider with about 1 tablespoon slaw and bun tops.