Pickup appetizers are ideal for cocktail parties; they're individually portioned and don't require any plate balancing while your guests enjoy. Try this new spin on the prosciutto skewer. It's delicious and can be made ahead to save you time on the day of the party.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 small brussels sprouts (3/4 to 1 lb.)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 24 decorative toothpicks
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk oil, syrup, salt, and pepper to blend. Trim brussels sprouts at base and remove any leathery outer leaves. Toss sprouts in oil mixture to coat well. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and put sprouts in pan in a single layer.
- 2. Roast, tossing every 5 minutes, until sprouts are browned but tender-crisp, 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cut each prosciutto slice into strips about 1 in. wide. Gently wrap each sprout lengthwise in a prosciutto strip. Insert a toothpick into the base of each sprout. Serve at room temperature.
- Make ahead: Prepare through step 2 up to 1 day ahead; chill, covered. Bring to room temperature, then proceed.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-skewer serving.
- Calories: 47
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 410mg
- Cholesterol: 5mg