Be the first to rate it
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 small pita breads
- 1. Preheat broiler to medium. Place rack 4 inches from heat source. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Combine oil, garlic, lemon zest and 1 tsp. salt in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken, seal, and toss to coat. Set aside while broiler heats. In a medium bowl, mix cucumbers, yogurt and mint; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Thread chicken on 4 metal skewers. Place skewers on baking sheet and broil, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes total.
- 3. Serve chicken skewers with cucumber mixture, cherry tomatoes and pitas on the side.
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 493mg