1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, molasses, and bourbon until smooth and well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, ground ginger, and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in almonds.
3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions, 3 inches apart, onto buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake cookies in a 300° oven until slightly darker brown, 22 to 28 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.