Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Try a small twist on classic Butter-Pecan Ice Cream by adding a couple tablespoons of bourbon.
Makes about 1 qt.
1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients; cover and chill 2 hours.
2. Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
3. Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and freeze 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook pecans and butter in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Spread pecans on wax paper, and sprinkle with kosher salt; cool completely.
5. Stir pecans and bourbon into prepared ice-cream mixture. Transfer mixture to an airtight container or a loaf pan covered tightly with aluminum foil; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until firm.