1. Rinse and drain blueberries if fresh.
2. Put butter and cinnamon in a 9- by 13-inch casserole. Heat in a 350° oven until butter is melted, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Add dried bread cubes to casserole and mix well.
5. Combine apricot-flavor syrup, lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water. Pour over bread, mixing well.
6. Add pecans, cheese, and blueberries to casserole and gently mix to distribute evenly.
7. Cover casserole tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350° oven. Uncover casserole and bake until pudding top is crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes longer.