Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
If you like creamy, fruity ice cream with a little bit of zing, you'll love this ice cream dish.
Makes about 1 qt.
1. Bring blueberries, 2 Tbsp. sugar, and water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Cool 30 minutes; cover and chill 2 to 3 hours.
2. Whisk together condensed milk and next 5 ingredients; cover and chill 2 hours.
3. Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
4. Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and freeze 30 minutes.
5. Stir lemon zest into prepared ice-cream mixture, and swirl in chilled blueberry mixture. Transfer mixture to an airtight container or a loaf pan covered tightly with aluminum foil; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until firm.