Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste*
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Total: 3 Hours
- 1. Process first 7 ingredients in a blender 30 seconds or until very smooth. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
- 3. Mash together blueberries, blueberry preserves, and lemon zest. Stir mixture into prepared ice cream. Freeze 1 hour before serving. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, and freeze up to 1 week.
- *Vanilla extract may be substituted.
- THE COOKIE: Snickerdoodles, soft-baked from your bakery, for towering ice-cream cookie sandwiches. Wrap the finished treats individually (and tightly) in plastic wrap, and keep on hand in the freezer for parties or snacks.