1. Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add shrimp, tossing to coat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle; sauté 1 minute. Stir in beans, broth, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 3 minutes.
3. Transfer 1 cup soup to a blender; puree until smooth. Stir smooth mixture into soup; keep warm.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 minute. Turn and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat; add tequila, tossing shrimp to coat.
5. Stir juices from shrimp, lime juice, and cilantro into soup. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with shrimp. Serve with chips; garnish, if desired.