Serve this Alabama-original, fried pickles, at your next barbecue for a fun twist on a favorite condiment. We also tried and loved fried Wickles-brand sweet-hot sliced pickles in this recipe. These Alabama-bred pickles are sold nationwide, but you can also order them from www.wickles.com.
- 2 (16-oz.) jars dill pickle sandwich slices, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce
Fry: 4 Minutes
- 1. Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
- 2. Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 1/2 cups flour, and whisk until smooth.
- 3. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°.
- 4. Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry pickles, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Vlasic Kosher Dill Stackers.