These bite-sized bats have an adult-friendly flavor from the goat cheese, cream cheese, and pesto mixture. The kids will love to shape the bats' bodies, decorate their faces, and give them wings. Keep it simple by preparing just about everything ahead of time.
- 1 (4 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces soft, mild goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 pitted olives, sliced
- 32 peppercorns
- 32 triangular blue corn chips or free-form wing shapes made from leftover tortillas from Ghost Chips
- Mash together cream cheese, goat cheese and pesto. Chill for 40 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 16 2-inch balls, about 1 heaping tsp. each. Roll in black pepper and poppy seeds to cover. Press two olive slices into balls for eyes and place peppercorns in centers for pupils.
- Insert chip on either side of ball for wings; serve.
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 154mg