- 1 slice bacon
- 4 (1-ounce) slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/4 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Position an oven rack in the middle setting. Place a jelly-roll pan on rack. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place bacon on heated pan, and cook until crisp (about 4 minutes); crumble. Cut a hole into the center of each toast using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter. Reserve cutouts.
- 3. Arrange bread slices on hot pan; crack one egg into each hole. Sprinkle eggs evenly with crumbled bacon, cheese, and sage. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until egg whites are set. Sprinkle with pepper, and serve with toast cutout.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Christine Burns Rudalevige, Cooking Light
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Carbohydrate: 12.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Calcium: 73mg