Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Lynn Miller
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Ritz crackers (2 sleeves)
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing seasoning mix
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 large celery ribs, cut in quarters lengthwise
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1. Cut each chicken breast into 4 strips, lengthwise, and place in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups buttermilk and hot sauce until blended. Pour over chicken; mix until chicken is coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Make dip: In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup buttermilk, blue cheese, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse crackers until crushed. Add seasoning mix and pulse to combine.
- 4. Spread cracker mixture on a large platter. Remove chicken from marinade and carefully dredge each strip in cracker mixture.
- 5. In a large skillet, warm 2 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add half of chicken and cook, turning, until brown and crisp on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- 6. Place baking sheets in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve chicken hot with celery and blue cheese dip.
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 1202mg