Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
1. Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
3. Bake at 425° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
4. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Combine queso blanco, next 3 ingredients, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes; stir and microwave 2 1/2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
6. Stir diced tomato and cilantro into queso blanco mixture. Serve dip with potato wedges.
Note: We tested with Velveeta Queso Blanco for prepared cheese product.