To my eye, this apple pie has an almost medieval look, with its meaty lattice top. To my stomach, it's a modern-day marvel.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll piecrust, and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under.
2. Stir together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients with a fork in a large bowl. Add apple slices, tossing to coat. Arrange apple slices in prepared crust, spooning sugar and accumulated juices over apple.
3. Arrange bacon slices in a lattice design over filling; gently press ends of strips, sealing to piecrust.
4. Cover pie with aluminum foil. Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake for 40 more minutes or until crust is golden brown and bacon is crisp.
5. Remove pie from baking sheet, and let cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour before cutting into wedges.