Shorten the prep time by baking the sweet potato fries while you make the sandwiches. Then add the assembled sandwiches to the baking sheet used for the potatoes during the last 2 minutes of cooking so that everything is ready at the same time.
- 1 (12-ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and halved
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 (0.74-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (such as Sargento)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon tuna mixture evenly over toasted bread slices. Top tuna mixture evenly with bacon, avocado, and cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with: Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 269mg