Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3.18 ounces chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups thinly vertically sliced yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus
- 2 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Total: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine tomatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl, tossing to coat. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan; bake at 450° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup water, flour, 1 tablespoon olive oil, remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 4. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven.
- 5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon red pepper and garlic. Cook, uncovered, 18 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in asparagus.
- 6. Carefully remove cast-iron skillet from oven. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Stir batter once; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Top evenly with onion mixture and tomatoes; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake an additional 12 minutes or until center of dough is set. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges.
- 7. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss to coat. Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates; sprinkle each serving with about 2 teaspoons nuts. Serve with 1 wedge farinata.
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Calcium: 110mg