Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
- 8 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces smoked trout, skinned and flaked into large pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water 2 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water; drain and pat dry.
- 3. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through egg whites) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in asparagus, 2 tablespoons cheese, dill, and trout.
- 4. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil and onions to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Pour egg mixture into pan; stir once. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until eggs are just set. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 5. Preheat broiler.
- 6. Broil frittata 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 239mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 140mg