When boiling water for the pasta, start with hot tap water and cover the pot with a lid. This is a surefire way to speed up your cook time. Serve this pasta dish with Black Pepper–Garlic Flatbread to soak up the basil-infused broth.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Asiago cheese
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine broth and tomato in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Cover and let broth mixture stand until pasta is done. Add drained pasta to broth mixture. Ladle soup into shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 106mg