Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
1. Thinly slice apple wedges lengthwise and arrange on a microwavable plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave on high about 2 minutes, or until apples are softened but not mushy.
2. Meanwhile, heat sausages in a skillet over medium heat according to package directions; remove and keep warm.
3. Combine pancake mix, milk, egg, and oil; stir until large lumps disappear.
4. Carefully wipe out hot pan, then coat with nonstick cooking spray. Pour a little less than 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake (in order to be wrapped, they should be thinner than usual and about 5 inches in diameter, or about the size of a taco shell); sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon oats. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes.
5. Place a sausage and 2 or 3 apple slices in the center of each pancake and wrap. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
How kids can help: Brush lemon juice and sprinkle cinnamon on apples; count sausages; mix ingredients for pancakes.
TIP: Sprinkle the pancake wraps with powdered or cinnamon sugar to sweeten the deal.