1. Prepare 3 1/2 recipes of Amaretto Cream Cake Batter, making 1 recipe at a time. Pour 7 cups batter into each of 2 greased and floured 12-inch square cakepans. Pour 3 1/2 cups batter into each of 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans, and pour remaining batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 6-inch round cakepans.
2. Bake 12-inch square layers at 350° for 30 minutes, 9-inch layers for 25 minutes, and 6-inch layers for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
3. Wrap each cake layer separately in plastic wrap, and freeze 4 hours or up to 1 month. When ready to assemble, cut domed top off each frozen layer with a serrated knife, if necessary.
4. Prepare 2 1/2 recipes Buttercream Frosting, making 1 recipe at a time. Divide frosting in half; color half of frosting with lavender food coloring paste to desired shade. Keep covered to prevent drying. Set aside. Use this to frost outer cake layers. Use uncolored frosting to fill between cake layers and pipe designs and borders on sides of cake.
5. Cut 1 (12-inch) square, 1 (9-inch) round, and 1 (6-inch) round cake board from sturdy cardboard; cover each with aluminum foil.
6. Spread a small amount of uncolored frosting on 1 side of 12-inch cake board. Place 1 (12-inch) cake layer on board.
7. Brush about 1/2 cup Apricot Glaze over each 12-inch cake layer.
8. Spread a generous amount of uncolored frosting over top of the cake layer sitting on the cardboard, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with remaining 12-inch layer.
9. Cut 4 wooden dowels to height of 12-inch tier; insert vertically into cake tier, evenly spaced and level with top of tier, about 3 inches in from sides.
10. Spread top and sides of 12-inch square tier with a thin layer of lavender frosting to seal crumbs, working from top down and smoothing with a wet metal spatula; let frosting dry before continuing.
11. Spread another generous layer of lavender frosting on top and sides of the 12-inch square tier, smoothing with a wet metal spatula.
12. Insert a coupler into a large decorating bag. Fit coupler with metal tip #2; fill bag with uncolored frosting. Pipe a scroll design around sides of 12-inch tier.
13. Roll fondant or gum paste to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut miniature leaves with cutter, and attach to sides of cake with small dot of uncolored frosting. Cut blossoms with cutter, and attach to sides of cake with ejector. Place a small silver dragée in center of each blossom with uncolored frosting. Let dry, and lightly apply Luster Dust to designs on cake using a small artist's brush.
14. Repeat this procedure with 2 (9-inch) cake layers, using 1/3 cup glaze for each and 2 cups uncolored frosting between layers. Cut remaining 4 dowels to height of 9-inch tier, and insert vertically into tier. Spread a thin layer of lavender frosting to seal crumbs; spread with another layer of lavender frosting, and decorate as directed.
15. Repeat procedure with 2 (6-inch) layers, using remaining glaze and 1 cup uncolored frosting between layers, omitting dowels. Spread thin layer of lavender frosting to seal crumbs; spread with another layer of lavender frosting, and decorate as directed.
16. Position 9-inch tier in center of 12-inch tier; position 6-inch tier in center of 9-inch tier. Place cake onto desired cake stand.
17. Fit coupler with metal tip #16; fill bag with uncolored frosting. Pipe a shell border on top and bottom edges of each tier. Top with roses, if desired.