Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 snack-size Almond Joy bars
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil so it overhangs 2 sides by 1 inch. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from heat; let cool slightly.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk sugar and eggs. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla, then flour mixture. Transfer batter to pan. Set Almond Joy bars on top, pressing lightly.
- 4. Bake until just set, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 98mg