Roasted chicken recipe served with lettuce greens and spring peas.
1. Make Chicken: Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken cavity with salt and pepper; add lemon halves, garlic, thyme and bay leaves inside. Tie legs together with kitchen twine.
2. Rub olive oil over skin of chicken. Place chicken breast side-up in roasting pan. Bake 1 hour or to 165°F deep in thigh. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
3. Make Lettuce and Peas: Meanwhile, combine wine, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt in saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until mixture is syrupy and just coats bottom of pan.
4. Whisk in butter, a few cubes at a time, to thicken the sauce. Remove the peppercorns and bay leaf before adding to lettuce.
5. Place peas in small pan of boiling water and cook until hot; drain. Toss peas, lettuce and warm butter sauce in a bowl until lettuce wilts slightly.
6. Serve chicken and lettuce and peas with ALEXIA® WAFFLE CUT FRIES, prepared according to package directions.