Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone! If you're searching for a fun way to kick off the 3-day weekend, look no further than Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots. Shots can be dreadful (bite the lime!), but these adorable strawberry shooters actually taste as good as they look. Make a batch of these beauties for a party this weekend and you'll instantly become everyone's best friend. [youtube
Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots
What you'll need:
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 packet strawberry or lime Jell-O
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packs strawberries
- Margarita salt
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Lime slices
- Place hot water and Jell-O in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add tequila, Cointreau, and cold water. Whisk again.
- Core the strawberries and scoop out a cavity.
- Slice off the tips of the berries to create a base for them to stand.
- Place the berries in an ice cube tray (or on a baking sheet, but keep them steady!)
- Fill with Jell-O mixture and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Combine margarita salt and lime zest in a small dish. Place lime juice in a small bowl.
- Dip the edges of the strawberries in the juice, and then roll them in the salt mixture.
- Top each berry with a slice of lime.