If you don't have time to make pizza dough during the week, but would love to enjoy a slice or two for dinner without ordering out, there are ways to get a jump start on the pizza making-process. Here are several store-bought options that will cut down on the time you spend preparing pizzas.
- Store-bought crusts: These will save you tons of time, but keep a look out for store-bought pizza crusts that are high in sodium.
- Refrigerated canned dough: You can find canned and refrigerated pizza dough at most supermarkets.
- Naan or pita bread: These are good options for making individual sized pizzas. Naan and pita bread can usually be found near the deli section of your grocery store.
- Fresh dough from the bakery: Some supermarkets and grocery stores have fresh, homemade pizza dough that is made daily in the bakery section. If it isn't out where you can see it, ask someone at the bakery if they have any available.
- French bread: This is a great and quick option for a crusty and slightly crunchy pizza. Because the bread is already baked, just pile on the toppings and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Phyllo dough: For a light and flaky pizza crust, try using phyllo dough. This is also a great option for dessert pizzas!