Recipe: 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1, 8-oz. box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Pour into an 8-inch square or 9 by 13-inch rectangular baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
Make-ahead: 1-2 days
You have two options to prepare corn casserole ahead of time.
1. Unbaked: Prepare the casserole up to one day in advance, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and then allow it to sit in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before baking. This is actually a recommended technique to allow for the best melding of flavors. When you're ready to bake it, unwrap and allow the casserole to sit on the counter for 30 minutes (so the baking dish can return to room temperature) and then bake.
2. Pre-baked: Feel free to go ahead and bake the prepared casserole up to two days ahead. Let the casserole fully cool and then cover tightly with plastic and store in the refrigerator. To reheat: Warm in a 300 degree oven for 10-20 minutes, or until warmed through.