While most molds that grow on cheese are harmless, you should always trim mold away before eating cheese. Trim slightly deeper and wider than the visible mold, and use the cheese up fairly quickly.
Do I have to throw away cheese with mold or can I trim it off?
About Our Expert
If you have a cooking question, our expert, Marge Perry, can answer it. Marge teaches home cooks in her classes at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. She is an award-winning food writer, longtime contributor for Cooking Light and a number of other leading food magazines, author of the blog A Sweet and Savory Life, columnist for Newsday, and has contributed to over 20 cookbooks.
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Best Carrot Cake
- 2. Herbed Arugula-Tomato Salad with Chicken
- 3. Chicken-Broccoli Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- 4. Spicy Cheddar-Olive Spread
- 5. Mushroom, Bacon, and Swiss Strata