12 New Orleans Dishes
In honor of the city that loves and lives to eat, we bring you recipes for po'boys, beignets, gumbo, fried oysters, and étoufée.
A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Andouille sausage and file powder make this recipe a classic and, as in any good gumbo, a deep, rich roux thickens the stew.
Recipe: Chicken-and-Sausage Gumbo
Shrimp Po'boy with Spicy Ketchup
Crawfish-Eggplant Beignets with Remoulade Sauce
John's Creole Red Beans
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2. White Bean Soup with Gremolata
- 3. Slow Cooker Chicken Verde
- 4. No-Bake Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel
- 5. Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl