LOUISIANA HOT CRAB DIP
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
3. Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
*(Special Note: Because of the popularity of this dish, those of us at MyRecipes.com gave this great recipe an update and made a version of our own right here in our studio. Enjoy!)
Photo: Ryan Moriarty; Styling: Emma Crist
One of the things we love about this recipe (besides the amazing flavor) is the golden brown layer that forms on top, giving this dip a great texture that is perfect for dunking crackers or bread slices. To give it that authentic Big Easy flavor, we used a creole seasoning that pairs perfectly with the crab. While this dish is mild in its spice level, you can always kick it up a notch by doubling (or tripling, we won’t judge!) the amount of hot sauce in the recipe. One thing is for certain, we won’t let our Mardi Gras table be without this amazing dish this year!