I can already start to feel the rush as the countdown gets closer to my favorite holiday of the year. The money I’ve saved up just for the occasion is burning a hole in my pocket, so ready to be spent. I’m referring to what has become the best day of the year for me: Black Friday. Deals to the left, bargains to the right… this is a spendthrift lady’s time to shine.
Understand, the sales extravaganza that takes place the day after Thanksgiving is not for the faint of heart. When everyone else is lying in bed recovering from all the food they ate or trying to make sense of what to do with leftovers, I’m out and about in the wee hours of the morning armed with a plan of attack. Because if there’s one thing I’ve learned about Black Friday, it isn’t just about how to hunt out the best deals (though, I do know plenty about that too). It’s the survival of the fittest, where you can either go hard and end up with a flat screen TV at a steal, or you can go home empty-handed. Every year, I strap up with my circular ads in-hand and cross-training shoes on my feet, ready to face an elbow-jabbing crowd as we all try to out-sprint one another to the checkout counter. While I’d never own up to stepping over a few people to get to the electronics section, I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve ignored my fellow shopping comrades flailing on the floor in a race to the finish. It’s a euphoric feeling I can’t quite put into words, the dog-eat-dog, in-store mayhem has brought me more joy than any plate of turkey or Christmas gift could ever provide. What can I say? Shopping for gifts (including a few for myself) is far more exciting than opening gifts.
For a lot of my fellow shoppers out on Black Friday, this is merely the first event of the annual holiday season olympics. Pure euphoria and adrenaline can see you through this initial trial of physical and mental strength, but you’re gonna need to stay well-fueled if you plan to keep up your momentum through the rest of the holidays. Meaning… you need to have a caffeine plan in place. If you’re ready to power your way through Black Friday and the weeks to follow, here are some deals any home barista/holiday enthusiast will appreciate.
At participating Starbucks retail stores, from November 21st through December 25th, look out for the following bargain brewers:
- Starting on November 21st, the 16-ounce Coffee and Tea Refill Tumbler ($40) is available at Starbucks stores. Bring in the tumbler every day in January 2017 for one free grande brewed hot coffee or hot tea. Limit one refill per day.
- The Verismo V System is available for $129 (regularly $179) and includes a Verismo V Brewer, Verismo Milk Frother, and a free 12-count box of Verismo pods of choice.
- The Verismo V Brewer is available for $99 (regularly $149) with a free 12-count box of Verismo pods of choice, and the Verismo Milk Frother is available for $39 (regularly $59).
- Customers who shop online at Starbucks from November 24th through November 26th will receive $20 off orders of $100 or more, in addition to free standard shipping.
If you visit one of the Teavana retail stores in the U.S. and Canada from November 24th to 27th, you can buy one and get one of the following teas and merchandise for free (of equal or lesser value): all holiday infuser mugs and tumblers, pre-packaged tea tins, 16-ounce PerfecTea Makers, select Tea Collections, and the Artisanal Brewing Kit. The same holiday teas and gift sets are BOGOFree online from November 23rd through November 25th using the code “BLACKFRIDAY.”
Nothing like the sound of a new Keurig espresso machine to jump-start your mornings. Kohl’s stores will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and door-busters last until 1 p.m. on Black Friday, but many of their Black Friday deals are available online as early as November 21st:
- Choose from either the Keurig K55 brewer on sale for $89.99 (regularly $139.99) or the Keurig K250 brewer on sale for $99.99 (regularly $149.99). And to sweeten the deal, not only will you save money, but you’ll also earn an extra $15.00 in Kohl’s Cash.
- Select varieties of 16-18 count K-Cups are also on sale for $8.99 (regularly $14.99) and 72-count packs are $24.99 (regularly $44.99).
Doors open at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving and deals will last through 5 p.m. on Friday. Looks like a good option for anyone trying to skip Thanksgiving dinner. Offering similar deals as Kohl’s, you’ll want to get it while the getting’s good at JCPenney, as many of these items are sure to go fast:
- Keurig K55 Brewer in black or red is on sale for $89.99.
- Keurig 2.0 K250 Compact Brewer, including four K-Cup pods, water filter handle, and two filters, is on sale for $99.99 (regularly $175).
- Mr. Coffee old-school coffee maker is on sale for $19.99.
- Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker is on sale for $59.99.
5. Sam’s Club
Let’s hope Sam’s Club advertisement of their Keurig K55 Coffee Maker as “too low to show” rings true on Black Friday when the doors open up at 7 a.m. You can also purchase the Keurig kit online on Thanksgiving day.
6. Bed, Bath & Beyond
Typical of most big-box stores, Bed, Bath & Beyond is going cray-cray with Keurig brewers:
- Beginning online on November 24th and lasting through November 25th, the Keurig 2.0 K250 is on sale for $99.99 and K55 Elite is priced at $89.99. If you want to kick back during Thanksgiving and wait it out, these offers will still be available on Cyber Monday for the exact same price.
Stores open on November 24th at 4 p.m., but you can get your coffee fix and avoid the long lines by shopping online at Shopko starting on November 23rd:
- The Kitchen Selectives 5-Cup Coffee Maker with Pause & Serve is available for $4.99 (after $10.00 mail-in rebate).
- Keurig K50 Brewer is on sale for $69.99, plus you’ll get a $10.00 store gift card with purchase.
- Keurig K200 Brewer 2.0 is on sale for $79.00 and comes with a $15.00 store gift card with purchase.
8. BJ’s Wholesale Club
Clearly Sam’s Club and BJ’s Wholesale Club were of the same mind by not releasing their prices too early, but the Keurig K55 Brewer is advertised as their “lowest price ever.” The black and red models will be available online through November 28, but only the black Keurig will be available for purchase in stores when they open at 7 a.m. on Black Friday.
When the shopping madness finally ends and every part of your body is aching, you can look at your ravaged bank account with pride, knowing you’ve survived Black Friday and checked off your completed holiday checklist. And it was all worth it, too. Because now you have a brand new coffee machine to upgrade your morning brewing ritual, or at least one you can gift to some caffeine-loving friends or relatives for Christmas. With a warm cup in hand, you’ll want to soak up this moment while you can. Come January, you’ll need the energy to fight the crowds all over again when returning most of your gifts.