Eat More Whole Grains
Take charge of your health by eating more whole-grain foods. You'll get key vitamins, minerals and fiber you need to stave off disease.
Quinoa (KEEN-wah) is an ancient grain that is a good alternative to rice because of its lightness. Try it for breakfast by
serving it with maple syrup and milk, adding it to pancake and muffin batter, or mixing it with potatoes for croquettes. The
tiny beige-colored seeds, about the size of pellets of couscous, cook in about 20 minutes. A good source of protein and fiber,
1/2 cup of quinoa has 14 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber.
Click here for more ways to use quinoa.
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2. White Bean Soup with Gremolata
- 3. Slow Cooker Chicken Verde
- 4. No-Bake Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel
- 5. Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl