Vegetarian Advisory: 7 Necessary Nutrients
When eating a vegetarian diet, getting key nutrients can be a challenge. Here's how to make healthy choices.
Essential Fatty Acids
Vegetarians need to consume alpha-linolenic acids because they convert to omega-3 fatty acids, which help keep the brain and nervous system functioning and may also offer protection from heart disease. Plant-based sources of alpha-linolenic acids include canola oil, soy oil, walnuts, ground flaxseed, and soybeans. Flexitarians who consume fish can get omega-3s from fatty varieties like salmon.
Recipe: Parsley and Walnut Pesto
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2. White Bean Soup with Gremolata
- 3. Slow Cooker Chicken Verde
- 4. No-Bake Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel
- 5. Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl