Not only are almonds a tasty and versatile food, these little nuts boast big health benefits.
Not only are almonds a tasty and versatile food, these little nuts boast big health benefits. Eating a handful of almonds
(about 23) on a regular basis can:
• Decrease the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, and other chronic illnesses
• Lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and increase "good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
• Decrease levels of homocystein, the amino acid that is thought to contribute to the buildup of fatty plaque in the arteries
• Aid in weight loss because munching on almonds for a snack helps you feel satisfied and less inclined to overeat at mealtime.
Almond-Crusted French Toast
Mesclun with Berries and Sweet Spiced Almonds
Green Beans with Toasted Almond Gremolata
Beef Tagine with Dried Plums and Toasted Almonds
Salmon with Maple Syrup and Toasted Almonds
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Peppered Pork and Pears
- 2. Triple-threat Chocolate Cookies
- 3. Speculaas
- 4. Smoked Sausage Cassoulet
- 5. Potato Soup