MyRecipes introduces a new way to search for the recipes you need to meet your specific nutrient requirements. With the Nutrition Search tool, you can specify the exact nutrition parameters that you’re looking for, type in a recipe category, then click to find all the recipes that will fit your needs. No matter what kind of diet you’re on, you’re sure to find recipes that will fit into your plan.
Here’s what the Nutrition Search allows you to do:
• specify ranges for seven different nutrients: calories, fat, carbohydrate, protein, cholesterol, sodium and fiber
• select ranges for all seven nutrients or any combination of the seven that you wish
• search over 50,000 recipes
• find diabetic, heart-healthy, low-sodium or low-cholesterol recipes based on your individual dietary needs
• find low-calorie recipes that fit your specific diet plan
• get current recommendations for healthy eating
We’ll get you started:
Scenario: You want to find a healthy squash casserole recipe for a summer dinner party.
1. Go to the Nutrition Search tool.
2. Type “squash casserole” in the “What do you want to eat?” field.
3. Slide the Calories bar to the left to specify the number of calories you want in the dish (ex. <200).
4. Slide the Fat bar to the right to specify the fat grams you want in the dish (ex. <10g).
5. Slide the Sodium bar to the right to specify the milligrams of sodium you want in the dish (ex. <200).
6. Continue customizing your nutrient values, if desired.
7. Hit search.
8. Choose one of the recipes listed and enjoy your dinner party!