The Truth about Heart-Healthy Eating
We debunk five myths about heart-healthy diets and give you truths you can take to heart.
Myth: A low-cholesterol diet prevents heart disease.
This is partially true, but it's not the whole story. High blood cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease, but weight, physical activity, age, and gender can also affect cholesterol levels. Plus, saturated fat and dietary cholesterol are both culprits in raising blood cholesterol, with saturated fat being the ring leader. For a satisfying entrée that is low in saturated fat and totally cholesterol free, try Asian Noodle, Tofu, and Vegetable Stir-Fry.
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2. White Bean Soup with Gremolata
- 3. Slow Cooker Chicken Verde
- 4. No-Bake Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel
- 5. Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl