Lasagnas Under 300 Calories
All of these hearty lasagnas weigh in at less than 300 calories, so indulge in a little pasta. You might end up weighing in lighter than expected, too.
Tips for Lighter Lasagna
Drastically cut fat and calories with a few simple tips and substitutions, and eat cheesy lasagna without guilt.
• Replace full-fat cheeses with reduced-fat and part-skim cheeses.
• Reduce the amount of cheese in a traditional recipe by 1/3 to 1/2.
• Use lean ground beef or try turkey sausage or a meatless sausage.
• Omit the meat altogether and make a veggie lasagna.
• Pay attention to portion size, even with a low-fat lasagna.
Rachel's Special Occasion LasagnaYou sure won't miss the meat in this rich dish featuring five different types of cheese, eggs, and a bottled pasta sauce. In addition to being low in calories, it's also a good source of calcium.
Garden-Style LasagnaFresh-from-the garden vegetables such as broccoli, carrot, squash, spinach, and onion are the stars of the cheesy, meat-free lasagna. This recipe calls for precooked noodles, which will save you a bit of prep time.
Polenta LasagnaInstead of noodles, this lasagna is layered with polenta slices, a meatless sausage-vegetable mixture, and marinara sauce. If you want beef lasagna, just use lean ground beef instead of the meatless sausage.
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with ProsciuttoOne of our on-line reviewers says "this is the simplest lasagna recipe I've ever made. Even my picky husband liked it!" The prosciutto is a nice switch from beef, and you can make it up to one month ahead and freeze.
Cheesy Spinach LasagnaIt's hard to beat a top-notch spinach lasagna, but the added Canadian bacon in this one takes it over the top.
Zucchini Eggplant LasagnaThis zucchini eggplant lasagna makes use of fresh summer produce in a filling meatless entrée.
Vegetable Polenta LasagnaSubstitute in polenta and seasonal vegetables for pasta and shave of unnecessary calories without sacrificing taste.
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Broccoli, Grape, and Pasta Salad
- 2. Triple-Decker Strawberry Cake
- 3. Lemony Cucumber Salad
- 4. Grape Tomato, Olive, and Spinach Pasta
- 5. Ultimate Grilled Cheese