Battle of the Sexes: Men vs Women Nutrient Needs
With men and women so different, it's no surprise that good eats and good nutrition for the fairer sex follows a different formula than the list of foods good for dudes.
Hogging the spotlight for the role it plays in preventing birth defects, female needs for this B-vitamin edge out male needs during childbearing. Still, both sexes need folate to continually form new hair, skin, and other cells. It's also a potential protector against colon cancer.
He needs: 400 mcg per day
She needs: 400 mcg per day in childbearing years, particularly in the month before conception; 600 mcg during pregnancy
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2. White Bean Soup with Gremolata
- 3. Slow Cooker Chicken Verde
- 4. No-Bake Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel
- 5. Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl